What do the Music Boosters do?
The Music Boosters are committed to helping the North Side High School bands in any way possible. Fundraising, chaperoning band trips, building props, hauling equipment, feeding hungry band members on contest days… You name it, we do it to support the kids and our directors!
You can join us for Band Parent meetings on Wednesday nights, 7:30, during marching season. We usually meet in the cafeteria. Please join us!
It takes resources to keep a band playing and marching. We can use your help! There are several ways you can help.
You can volunteer your time.
- Our biggest ongoing fundraiser is running the concession stands at football games, basketball games, and other selected athletic events. It’s active, it’s fun, and you’ll meet other members of the North Side band family. Check the Upcoming Events Calendar for available times to volunteer!
- If that time doesn’t fit your schedule, ask a band boosters officer if there is something that fits your schedule.
You can donate money.
- “Feed the Lunch Bucket”. We pass a lunch pail during parent meetings for donations for the next meal we provide to the band.
- You can write a check to “North Side High School”, writing “Music Boosters donation” in the memo line. Checks can be mailed to North Side High School, 475 E. State Blvd., Fort Wayne, IN 46805, or hand delivered to the office.
- Parents, make sure your student’s uniform fee is paid. It’s $120 and is among the lowest marching band fees around.
- Participate in fundraisers. If you’re alumni, don’t forget to support the Summer Car Wash, Nelson’s Chicken around Labor Day, and our other fundraisers through the year.
You can donate items during marching season.
- Individual packaged chips
- Granola bars
- String cheese
- Applesauce cups
- Cases of water
- Pudding cups
- Hamburger in 3 to 5 pound packages for competition-day meals and concessions
- Black crew/tube socks
- Ace bandages
- Ice packs are welcome as well.
- For more ideas of donations, check the latest issue of the Crescendo.
E-Mail List Sign-up:
Join our e-mail list to get updates from the directors: https://bit.ly/2NCYZLW
Contacting the Music Boosters
If you have questions regarding band parents or the Music Boosters, please contact President Angi Ross at 260-417-8001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the website can be directed to Mr. Farr at Marcus.Farr@fwcs.k12.in.us.
Bus Shout-Out Posters
Help decorate the buses for contest road trips by filling out a BUS SHOUT-OUT POSTER for your band member! We usually have these available at parent meetings, but you can print one out, and get it done ahead of time! The PDF of all posters is available here: Bus Shout-Out Posters
Officers and Committee Leaders
President – Angi Ross: 260-417-8001, email@example.com
Vice-President – Heather Freimuth
Treasurer – Elizabeth Sherman (NSHS Treasurer)
Secretary – Celeste Farr
Pit Crew Leader – Brian Tilden
Lead Bus Chaperone – Polly Miller
Lead Concessions – Ami Prugh and Sue Goheen
Nurse – Vacant
Uniforms – Peggy Ryan